As you have the opportunity to partner with Rockfish you’ll work with an intensely passionate and driven team of individuals that work extremely hard for our clients and our agency. Rockfish is only as strong as our people so we strive to hire and retain talented people that embody our three core values:
- Leverage emerging technology to create value for our clients, our company and our global community.
- Bring creative thinking to our current businesses.
- Innovate new businesses, categories and industries and move quickly to market.
- Engage in market-driven solutions and disruptive advancements.
- Be an entrepreneur, curious and nurturing of embryonic ideas.
- Embrace change as a competitive advantage.
- Adapt to our client's culture, cultivating long-term partnerships.
- Learn from our surroundings and challenge the status quo.
- Be resourceful in our approach.
- Always exceed expectations and deliver exceptional results.
- Compete where we can be a market leader and distinctive in our niche.
- Hire self-motivated enthusiasts who love what they do and consistently strive to improve.
- Be objective, truthful and forthright in our actions.
Rockfish’s purpose is to build a better world through the power of digital innovation. Through this, we strive to make innovation who we are, not a product of what we do. This idea is the lifeline of Rockfish and continues to be the driving force behind our perpetually evolving business model. We find that innovation often comes from discovering a problem, whether from a client or the consumer, and taking the initiative to solve it.
The Rockfish Environment
As a rapidly growing company, Rockfish is constantly re-evaluating how to make the company stand out as an employer of choice. We aim to provide benefits and perks that make our employees lives easier. As a highly adaptable company, we design many of our perks to be flexible to fit the individual. Keep reading for some highlights of what employees can expect once they begin working at Rockfish.
Simply put, Rockfish treats employees like the grown-ups they are. This not only applies to our dress-for-your-day view on work attire, but also the paid time-off policy, or non-policy. In terms of sick days, we stick by the belief that you should take it when you need it. Whether you have a twenty-four hour bug, or a sinus infection that keeps you in bed for a week, there’s no need to consult a “sick day bank” before deciding to stay in bed. We also know that hardworking minds need time away from the computer screen to connect with friends and family, so the number of vacation days taken is left up to the individual.
If you’re going to spend more time at work than at home, you better have fun doing it. Rockfish employees are inherently passionate about their work, which sometimes means putting in long hours. To make our office a place where people want to be, we foster a culture of camaraderie. Some friendships are formed around the water cooler, but at Rockfish friendships are made over fresh lattes at Silver Joes. Nothing bonds a team like sharing a cup of coffee. We also have a committee called the “Culture Connection” in each office. This revolving group of employees is given the duty of keeping the fun going at Rockfish. This might mean a rowdy game of Whirly Ball, a chili cook-off, tailgating before game day, or even an impromptu ice-cream break to make a heat wave a bit more tolerable. Ideas from the rest of the office are always invited; you just need to sell it to your co-workers.
Everyone at Rockfish loves to eat and we make sure that each office gets together once a week for a meal. The Roger’s, Little Rock, and Dallas offices have lunch every Friday. The Cincinnati office prefers breakfast and indulges on Monday’s. Ideas seem to come naturally with full stomachs, so while this time is meant to be spent socializing with co-workers, our latest client solution may be hatched during taco Friday. Also, the fridge is generally stocked with snacks and drinks to keep energy up and stomachs from growling. Silver Joe’s, a brand born out of Rockfish Labs, provides developers, managers of client service, and creatives with plenty of caffeine throughout the day. Sometimes a change of scenery spurs brilliance, so it’s not unusual to see employees setting up shop away from their desk and spending part of their day working in the café.
Additional perks include:
- Since Rockfish produces groundbreaking mobile apps, so it’s only right that we keep our employees outfitted with the best smartphones available. After six months of full-time employment, everyone is eligible for reimbursement on a smart phone of their choice and then again after 3 years.
- Rockfish pays 50% of the premium for health and dental insurance for our employees and their families. We offer short-term disability, and life insurance, as well as flexible spending accounts for medical and child care expenses to our employees. You can also elect to enroll in a vision plan or supplemental policies such as Cancer or accident coverage if interested. Rockfish offers a 401K plan complete with company match.
- In Rogers, AR we have a corporate condominium that we use for our traveling employees so they have all the comforts of home when traveling away from their families.
Agency life can be hectic, so showing proper appreciation and recognition of creativity can easily fall through the cracks. We wanted to solve that problem too, so we came up with Rockfish Rewards to recognize incredible work by stellar co-workers. In typical Rockfish fashion, we take saying “good job” to the next level. Each employee is given a certain amount of points at the beginning of each quarter that they can award to anyone in the company. Points can be redeemed for items such as an iPad, a pair of Louboutins or a year worth of paid cell phone bills. A Ducati is on the list for the really ambitious, or points can be converted to cash to make a charitable donation. You can save up by receiving points from co-workers or by winning The Quarterly Award, which comes with 100,000 points. Quarterly winners are also qualified to enter the annual award, which rewards the winner with a little well-deserved R&R in the form of a 3 day trip paid for by Rockfish.
All in all Rockfish is a great place to work and we’re constantly striving to make it better. We don’t pretend to have all the answers, so we really appreciate it when employees speak up with their ideas.